16. 5 Essentials to having a GOOD conversation
In episode 14, I briefly mentioned something about having a GOOD conversation with others...even those who share a different viewpoint than you. But I felt like I left you hanging a little bit on HOW to go about doing that. So, today, instead of teaching a new fallacy, I'm going to teach you 5 essentials to having a GOOD conversation, even when you and the other person disagree.
The 5 Essentials to GOOD communication are:
1. Seek first to understand, then to be understood.
2. Be willing to be persuaded.
3. The goal is to seek truth.
4. Respect & love for the other person.
5. Beware of your own emotional triggers.
Want to test yourself on how well you can recognize fallacies in real life? Take the Meme Fallacy Quiz! www.filteritthroughabraincell.com/quiz
Send me any questions, comments or even the fallacies you're seeing around you! [email protected]
Or, tag me on Instagram: @filteritthroughabraincell
Sign up for notifications: www.filteritthroughabraincell.com